by Amaranthine Skin Care
5 Tips For A Long And Healthy Life
As good as modern medical technology is, it can never save you from the problems caused by a life style that is unhealthy. Instead of getting a modern medical fix for every problem, it’s better to live a healthy lifestyle Here are 5 Tips For A Long And Healthy Life. An ounce of prevention is certainly better than a pound of cure. Here are some tips on how to live a long and healthy life. In addition, the same life style that helps you to avoid illness can also help you lose weight.
1. Get Enough Exercise – Preferably Daily
In the past people physically used their bodies in the course of their normal work week. But today people get up, go to work in a car, then sit down, get up to go home in the car and when arriving at home, sit down again for the rest of the day. In such a life there is no physical labor. This physical inactivity is one of the main reasons for a host of diseases. Exercising is important for human health and has proven to be a good cure for many well-known diseases. How much exercise is enough? In order to be healthy, you need at least 10 -15 minutes a day of exercising but 30 minutes is ideal. These, are just few examples of what you can do:
– Walking at least 5000 steps a day
– Walking up stairs instead of using elevators.
– Do some running instead of walking.
– Taking up a sport or riding a bike.
– Parking your car far away from the main entrance when going to the grocery store or when at work providing you’re in a safe area.
2. Get A Good Night’s Sleep
This seems like a no brainier but when you’re feeling tired go to bed, many people stay up late even when their body is telling them that it is time to sleep. Yoga and Ayurvedic doctors also say that it is better to sleep in the night and be active during the day. While we can do this, it eventually takes a toll on health. Alternative health doctors say that this kind of unnatural living is one of the contributing factors in the development of cancer and other diseases. Here are some tips for getting a good night sleep.
– Give your bedroom a makeover. Having a dark and quite bedroom is good for rest. Keep your bedroom cool, as you sleep your body temperature naturally drops. Painting your bedroom a calming color like light blue or a neutral tone will also put you in the mood to sleep, but avoid bright colors as they tend to keep you awake.
– Go to bed the same time every night and wake up the same time every morning to establish a routine.
– Put the gadgets away at least 1 hour before bedtime, avoid watching TV or surfing the web as this suppress the sleep inducing hormone melatonin.
– Avoid alcohol before bedtime.
– Avoid eating before bedtime.
– Try using aromatherapy such as a lavender/vanilla pillow spray for a deeper sleep.
– Wash with cool water before going to sleep, this will relax you and prepare you for deep sleep.
3. Eat To Be Healthy
This is a simple idea, but once again we often go against the messages of the body. If you eat out of habit or due to social pressure at certain times of the day, even when you have no real appetite, then you will not digest your food properly. Your body may need lunch at 11:00am or maybe 1:00pm. Just remember your body needs nutrition every 3-4 hours to prevent energy dips so don’t forget a couple healthy snacks in between meals. By eating healthy you can reduce fat and increase body tone plus help prevent and decrease the signs of aging such as improving your memory and lowering your cholesterol. Here are a few tips to help you eat healthy.
– Eat 3 proper meals day try to eat at the table with no distractions such as watching TV or surfing the web.
– Eat lean protein, it slows down digestion and you feel fuller longer.
– Eat fruits they are low in calories and high in fiber and can make a great substitution to desserts.
– Eat non-starchy vegetables they are low in calories and high in fiber which fills you up faster.
– Avoid gluten and gluten based products.
– Trade in that can of soda for a cold glass of water with lemon slices.
– Try to keep your BMI (body Mass Index) around 18.5 – 24.
Body Mass Index Formula:
BMI formula (English): BMI = ( Weight in Pounds / ( Height in inches ) x ( Height in inches )) x 703
4. Fast on a Regular, Systematic Basis
If you asked any person to work 365 days per year without any rest, they would complain and say that they must have some rest or else they will break down. But we have never think about our digestive organs which we compel to work day after day without rest. Our digestive organs cannot protest but they do give us signals that they cannot work non-stop. When we ignore those signals and still compel them to work, these organs break down. That is why periodic fasting is necessary. Refrain from eating for one complete day or try starting with a shorter 16 hour fast you stop eating at 5:00pm and start eating again at 9:00am. Be sure to still drink plenty of water as you need to stay hydrated. This gives a rest to your digestive organs and also helps in the elimination of wastes from your body. Here are a few benefits to fasting.
– Allows the digestive system to rest and repair itself.
– Detoxifies and cleanses the body of impurities and toxins while regulating the function of the liver and kidneys.
– Promotes mental clarity and fights depression.
– Some studies have shown fasting helps cancer patients.
– Increased energy
– Increased immune function.
5. Perform meditation on a regular basis
– Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation
– Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
– Enhances the immune system.
– It lowers oxygen consumption and decreases respiratory rate.
– Deeper understanding of yourself and others.
– Improved learning ability and memory.
– Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
By following these 5 Tips For A Long And Healthy Life you should see a noticeable difference in the way you look & feel.